The path less traveled...

The path less traveled...

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

To forgive and to forget easily...that is my wish

Peace be to all and may our days ahead be filled with Allah's blessings as always. Alhamdulillah (All Praise be to Allah) am grateful to be healthy and alive as the rain showers down and cool the neighbourhood. Am ever in gratitude to Allah for making my heart feel light and easy, for once again showering me with the peace and tranquality that I am ever so thankful for. :)

However, there were days when my heart felt heavy and restless, strangely and ironically I usually felt that way over some petty issues and not over major or heavy issues. For example, I felt calm and relief or at peace when there was death in the family. I observed, listened and prayed for directions when there was a calamity or heavy issues that we had to go thru. But i will get angry when someone pestered me or made petty request  or asked too many questions or irritate me for no reasons. Silly me - letting little things disturbed my peace and tranquality. >3

These little episodes would bring me into reflection and depression mode for days (sometimes) just bcos I was not able to put things into perspective for that short-period of a few seconds/minutes. Jus bcos my brain mal-function and short-circuited itself at that moment all the -ve emotions rush into it and filled it up. As a result, I had to surge through my reserved energies and sourced out ways to get back my +ve emotions to cancel all those negativity - to raise myself up again. Plenty of prayers and knowing that everything comes from Allah helped a lot. I had to realise that only Allah will make things easy for me and anytime, anywhere I am at His Mercy to always be able to be in my best behaviour - I must remember Him. :)

Failing to be under control during this short episodes was simply because of my arrogance and ignorance of thinking too highly of myself that I get irritated and angry over petty stuff. I was not able to forgive the person who irritated me (at least at that point) and forget about what he or she did immediately or easily - that caused me to blow and open-up my emotional bank for negativity to rush into and filled it up.

It's plain stupid - we usually think that we are better than others that usually led us to be irritated. When we felt we can make better decision, drive better, do things better, able to say kinder things and what's not - these thoughts will then led us to be upset that the other party was not doing things according to our standard. Hah! We forgot WHO gives us the capacities to do these things better than others - thus the arrogance and the ego (and syaitan whispers) won over us that equalized into anger and ingratitude (nauzubillah).

Alhamdulillah, now I can write it down and explain to myself what happened - it is nice to be able to explain it but in reality we always forget to forgive and forget these actions that irritate us especially when we are tired or stressed- we will be caught off guard. Oh ya... u can blame it on syaitan who is ever ready to pounce on you, when u let your guard off ... i.e. by forgetting your Creator even for that instance. I realised that what I need to do is to be in constance rememberance of Allah, whenever things poke at my emotions instead of getting angry i need to seek forgiveness from Him and seek His assistance to make things easy for me to handle, insya'Allah I m sure we will be better at handling it. I truly hope I will remember these things :), insya'Allah.

Yes...that is my wish for this coming Ramadan, to be able to forgive and forget immediately all the things that will  irritate, angered, or just simply due to my ignorance on anything and anyone...may Allah showers me with more than what I am capable of ... For He is the Most Forgiving and the Most Merciful. Insya'Allah.

Oh! Allah please help me in remembering your attributes, so that I will constantly realise my weakness and seek your assistance to overcome it ... Ameen.



RAMADAN MUBARAK EVERYONE!!! MAY THIS RAMADAN BE BETTER THAN BEFORE, INSYA'ALLAH!

  • The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the Spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses― is the Spider's house if they but knew. (41)
  • Verily Allah doth know of (everything) whatever that they call upon besides Him: and He is Exalted (in power), Wise. (42)
  • And such are the Parables We set forth for mankind, but only those understand them who have Knowledge. (43)
  • Allah created the heavens and the earth in true (proportions): verily in that is a Sign for those who believe. (44)
  • Recite what is sent of the Book by inspiration to thee, and establish Regular Prayer: for Prayer restrains from shameful and unjust deeds; and remembrance of Allah is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And Allah knows the (deeds) that ye do. (45)
  • And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation) unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say "We believe in the Revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our God and your God is one; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam)." (46)
  • And thus (it is) that We have sent down the Book to thee. So the People of the Book believe therein, as also do some of these (pagan Arabs): and none but Unbelievers reject Our Signs. (47)
  • And thou wast not (able) to recite a Book before this (Book came) nor art thou (able) to transcribe it with thy right hand: in that case, indeed, would the talkers of vanities have doubted. (48)
  • Nay, here are Signs self-evident in the hearts of those endowed with knowledge: and none but the unjust reject Our Signs. (49)
  • Yet they say: "Why are not Signs sent down to him from his Lord?" Say: "The Signs are indeed with Allah: and I am indeed a clear Warner." (50)
  • And is it not enough for them that We have sent down to thee the Book which is rehearsed to them? Verily in it is Mercy and Reminder to those who believe. (51)
  • Say: "Enough is Allah for a Witness between me and you: He knows what is in the heavens and on earth. And it is those who believe in vanities and reject Allah, that will perish (in the end)." (52)
~ Surah Angkabut

No comments:

Post a Comment