The path less traveled...

The path less traveled...

Thursday, March 10, 2011

FISH! Philosophy 1 to 4

Peace be to all....


I chanced upon the book titled FISH! about 4 years ago and it has taught me very valuable lessons of staying positive and making the best out of your attitude and life itself.
Fish! A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results
Fish! Tales: Real-Life Stories to Help You Transform Your Workplace and Your Life

I was delighted to find the book while browsing through the bookstore and thought that I should keep a copy for myself (the book I read 4 years ago belonged to a colleague). However, it was a pleasant surprise when I realised that the book that I bought was actually a continuation of the first book FISH! And the book I bought is actually titled FISH! for Life. FISH! has been a phenomenon and has wide followers to the 4 simple philosophy - so I thought it will be best to share it with others. Do buy the book if you wish to know how to apply it in real-life.
Fish! For Life: A Remarkable Way to Achieve Your Dreams


Adapted from FISH! for Life by Lundin, Christensen & Paul


FISH! Philosophy  # 1
PLAY
CARRY A LIGHT HEART WHEREVER YOU GO


  • How can I help to make things light hearted?
  • Is there a smile in my voice?
  • Do we value fun?
  • Do we have fun in our family? When?
  • Do we have fun as friends?
  • How do we respond to someone who is always serious?
  • Are we able to avoid getting too serious about things that really don’t deserve those kinds of energy?
  • Why does being light heartedness is better than getting too serious?
  • Are we using levity as a way of avoiding real conversation? (Play can be overdone and used as an escape from difficult and important conversations.)
  • Do we see the natural joy in life?

FISH! Philosophy # 2
Ask yourself these questions and make someone's day!
MAKE THEIR DAY ~ A GREAT GIFT IS THE GIFT OF POSITIVE ENGAGEMENT
  • Whose day will I make today?
  • When did someone else last make my day?
  • How might the way I live my life be a source of inspiration for others?
  • If my life could teach, what would the first lesson be?
  • What memories did I create for my children/family today?
  • How will I make someone’s day brighter today?
  • Who goes unnoticed in my world?
  • Is there a way to bring special attention to those who toil in the background of my life? (The people who greatly affect the quality of our lives by keeping the floors clean, the street safe and the food on the shelves could use a kind word once in a while)
  • What am I doing to make the world a better place? What do my family remember about their time with me? (You never know when you are making memory. You can know when you are being FISH!)


FISH! Philosophy # 3

BE THERE
AMAZING THINGS CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU LEARN TO BE WHERE YOU ARE
  • Where am I right now?
  • Where is my intention?
  • What are the currents wandering through my mind?
  • Are my mind and body in the same place?
  • Where do I want my attention? What is the impact of my “be there” decision?
  • Am I one place at a time, doing one thing at a time, or do I try to do many things at once?
  • Is it true that even if I multitask I can still do only one thing at a time?
  • Do people know when my attention is somewhere else?
  • What have I discovery about that someone when I am there for him/her today?
  • What cues can we give one another to promote the practice of “be there”?
Of all the 4 FISH! Philosophy, this is by far the most challenging philisophy for me personally. I am an AD so being there wherever I am is quiet a challenge because my mind starts to wander. Insha'Allah with more practice I'll be able to "Be There" wherever I am.

FISH! Philosophy # 4
CHOOSE YOUR ATTITUDE
RIGHT NOW IS THE ONE YOU ARE CHOOSING. CHOOSE WISELY, FOR YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT
  • What are my favourite attitude(s)? (Fill in the blanks with positive attitude everyday)
    •  .
    •  .
    • .
  •  What are the most common attitudes in my life?
    • .
    • .
    • .
  • Do I like those attitudes?
  • How do I shift from one attitude to another?
  • Do I have a system to remind me to do frequent attitude checks?
  • Are there quick ways to assume an attitude?
  • Do I have a default attitude?
  • Do I separate feelings and attitudes?
These are the FISH! Philosophy which you can choose to apply in your work, home, or basic outlook towards life itself. I used to wish that I could use it but now I choose to use it wherever and whenever I can. Insha'Allah it will make me a better person as it is in accordance to what Islam taught me.
May Allah shows us the right path, the path of those whom He has bestowed His blessings...Ameeen...
About FISH!~ Millions of ppl around the world have already use the FISH! Philosophy in running their organisation that they work in. The Philosophy originated from the Pike Place Fish Market has helped many to transform not only their work ettiquetes but also their daily life (especially for those with children) by using the four basic philosophy you can make your world a better place to live, insha'Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment