The path less traveled...

The path less traveled...

Monday, August 12, 2013

Why r we rushing?

Peace b to all ... As I was walking hurriedly towards the carpark today on my way to pick up my girls - I was wondering  - why do I have to hurry?

The last minute meeting with my supervisor was the excused - then I was further challenged by a parking fine at my windshield because I parked at the season parking lot though I paid for my parking,even though my car does not affect any of the residents cos there were plenty parking lots. Arggg... but when I parked this morning there was only 1 lot empty bcos the residents were still at home getting ready for work - another excuse to get angry?

Well I took it and just drove off - my girls were waiting. The traffic was crazy and I asked myself again - why am I in a hurry?

I kept thinking - "Peace was all I needed... time and what is happening are all under Allah's control. So why am I in a hurry?" The situation will not change but I can change in my acceptance of the situation. Breath and relax - I don't need to be in a hurry.

سُوۡرَةُ العَصر
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
وَٱلۡعَصۡرِ (١) إِنَّ ٱلۡإِنسَـٰنَ لَفِى خُسۡرٍ (٢) إِلَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ ٱلصَّـٰلِحَـٰتِ وَتَوَاصَوۡاْ بِٱلۡحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوۡاْ بِٱلصَّبۡرِ (٣)
Surah Al-Asr
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
By the declining day, (1) Lo! man is a state of loss, (2) Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance. (3)

What I need to do is to remain calm and at peace with my self - patience and then I will not be in a state of Loss. Insha'Allah. Amiin...

No comments:

Post a Comment